October 6, 2008

Leo and Kate Reunited in 'Revolutionary Road'

Amy and I watched the trailer for the Sam Mendes film adaptation of Richard Yates' incredible novel Revolutionary Road, which I found "intoxicating" and "remarkable" when I read it in '06. As we've reported previously, the film reunites Leonardo Dicaprio and Kate Winslet. The trailer sets the mood, the casting seems to work, and the era is all the rage, thanks to Mad Men. I'm really looking forward to seeing this film, but I know someone who is probably even more anxious to see it than I. (Hint: She likes tomatoes, but not Tom Hanks.) --Kim

1 comment:

  1. You KNOW it! I will be there! I am worried that it will be super depressing (as the book is).

    But the whole thing seems kind of symbolic--they were in such a cheesy romantic movie the first time, and now they're in this depressing suburban drama. I think they should have subtitled it "Titanic if Leo Had Lived: The Honeymoon's Over." I will still see it, of course.

    Am feeling very torn on Body of Lies, as it's getting cruddy reviews. That might be a renter.

    ReplyDelete